Thursday, October 21, 2010

How dare people identify themselves by their religion! This is AMERICA!

If it takes rampant political correctness to get that asshole Juan Williams fired from NPR, then I've gotta say, PC isn't all bad:
NPR has terminated the contract of long-time contributor Juan Williams over remarks he made on the O’Reilly Factor last night. On Monday night’s O’Reilly Factor Williams weighed in on Bill O’Reilly’s now infamous View appearance.

Well, actually, I hate to say this to you because I don’t want to get your ego going. But I think you’re right. I think, look, political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don’t address reality.

I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.
I understand, Mr. Williams. I'm from the South, and many of my neighbors, they see young men in athletic jerseys and gold chains, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as African-Americans ... well, it gets them worried and nervous too.

Williams's shtick has always been "hey, I wrote a civil rights book and I'm black, so I can be your faux-liberal commentator who continually rags on Democrats!" so I am not terribly sorry to see him felled by the same PC crap that got his sorry ass a job in the first place. Enjoy your upcoming Fox News gig, Juanito.

No comments:

Post a Comment